Understanding Dog Owners’ Perception of Premium Wet Food
An international Pet Food Brand wanted to expand the penetration of one of its unique premium products in Japan. There was a need to understand product perception and and acceptance by dog owners as well as how the product would fit into the current routine of providing food for their dog.
- A Home Usage Test (HUT) and Online Bulletin Board study among 20 dog owners with either small (less than 10 Kg) or mini dogs (less 5 Kg)
- Follow-up group discussions with 8 selected participants
- Deep understanding of serving and storage options, incl. real-time video recordings of eating occasions, ways of serving and reactions by the dogs when presented with the food, etc.
- Clear understanding of what is working well and what needs to be improved around the product
- The result was shared with the global team to consider any optimizations and localization to meet Japanese pet owners’ needs
“The OBB provided such a ‘real’ understanding of the owners’ preparation process for serving the food to their pets, so we can communicate to our global product team clearly about what needs to be done to increase acceptance among Japanese consumers.”- Client voice