Understanding the Innovation Process of Indoor Cleaning Devices
A leading German manufacturer of household cleaning devices felt that they wouldn’t understand fully Japanese consumers’ pain points and needs when it comes to indoor cleaning. The HQ in Germany initiated a Japan specific innovation lab project to create product ideas that are tailored to Japanese consumers unmet needs and would have potential to build greater brand equity via competitive advantage in a highly competitive category.
- In-home ethnography, including observations of various cleaning tasks
- Video vox pops and creation of opportunity themes for workshopping
- Ideation and innovation workshop with international and local clients plus the local product design agency
- Concept testing in Focus Groups
- A clear understanding of product opportunities for Japan based on consumer needs and cleaning behaviour
- An exciting momentum between and high engagement of the international and local client team
- 5 high potential product innovation concepts for the planning 2018 (localised for Japan), in alignment with the global positioning of the brand
- 2 product concepts after the focus group testing that will go into prototype development
“The entire research, in-home interviews as well as the Ideation Workshop, was very well organized.- Client voice
The moderator was extremely engaged and the whole team worked on a very high and professional level.
The report is one of the best deliverables I have ever received by an agency. Thank you all! Please keep going like that."